At age 18, individuals become eligible for Medicaid on their own and should make application through the Department of Social Services (DSS). Parents should also consider registration with the Department of Community Mental Health (DCMH) if this has not previously been completed. Registration forms are in English and Spanish.

Parents should also be working with their child's school on transition services in anticipation of graduation the June after his or her 21st birthday. Parents should begin to explore options for adult day services upon graduation.

For more information, call (914) 995-5244.